May 2013 News
"In the News" from May's newsletter!
- Deaf Students Become First Ever Qualified Interpreters in British to American Sign
- Wrong time to add expense of medical interpreter bill
- Bilingual medical staff need grows with population
- Furthering culture, medicine
- Open to Interpretation: Court Interpreters Hold the Fate of Justice in Their Mouths
- U.S. hospitals send hundreds of immigrants back home
- Aging Undocumented Immigrants - A Burden or Boon to U.S. Economy?
April 2013 News
"In the News" from April's newsletter!
- Cambodian terms for hypertension may cause misunderstandings about the disease
- The Gender Gap in Pain
- Medicaid Reimbursements now Available for Medical Language Interpreting Services
- Medical Interpreters Lower Healthcare Costs, Create Jobs
- Interpreters Crucial with Region's Diverse Population
- Translating justice: Growing number of interpreters help overcome language barriers in Maine's courts
March 2013 News
"In the News" from March's newsletter!
February 2013 News
"In the News" from February's Newsletter!
- 12 Trends in Mobile Dictionary and Reference Apps
- Airport translators help foreign passengers sort things out
- 'Universal' Personality Traits Don't Necessarily Apply To Isolated Indigenous People
- Tongue and Tech: The Many Emotions for Which English Has No Words
- Lack of interpreters hampers farmworkers’ health
- Costa Rica native has put his bilingual skills and curiosity to good use in St. Cloud hospitals and clinics
- Why Afghan interpreter Eddy deserves a future from Australia
- Interpretation: one profession, several jobs